Monday, April 15, 2013

Fairy Tale Adventure

Once upon a time.

Four of the most beautiful words ever uttered. Usually after these enchanting words, a fairy tale is sure to follow.

There are many people out in the world who downright refuse to believe that fairy tales are real. I have never been known to be one of those individuals. Not that I can completely blame those who are cynical about it. This world isn't full of pixie dust, nor do we have Fairy Godmothers here to do our every bidding, and unfortunately, many people are still searching for true love's first kiss. These things, and many more combined could lead people to think that fairy tales only exist in books. Fairy tales are too "perfect" and are not true to real life.

I beg to disagree.

I have a philosophy that life is very much like a fairy tale. Why, if people only took a closer look at fairy tales they would see that the stories are far from perfect. In life, we all go through hardships, and it is the same in fairy tales. Before Prince Philip could get to his true love, Aurora, he had to battle a dangerous dragon. Snow White had to eat an apple and fall into a perpetual sleep before her prince found her. And Cinderella was lonely and overworked before she went to the ball. 

This is proof that even in fairy tales there were trials and tribulations. And such is the case in real life. We all have our fair share of problems but that doesn't mean we won't have a happy ending. God is the creator of happy endings and most definitely likes us to have one. In a lot of fairy tales there is always someone to aid the heroes and heroines. In our case we have God over a Fairy Godmother. And God will give us an even greater happy ending than has ever been written down, more beautiful and enchanting than fairy tales. 

I have always had an idea that these fairy tales couldn't have just come from nowhere, and that they couldn't just be stories. They had to be inspired and based off of real people. Which is why I have decided to write a story based entirely around fairy tales. Since I am such a believer in fairy tales being true to real life, what could be more reasonable than to write a book about fairy tales. 


Enough rambling for now!


2 comments:

  1. You make a compelling case, Robyn. Despite my love of fairy-tales, I don't believe they are "real" when it comes to the guy always rescuing the girl or life always offering a "happy ever after" but... well said! Your parallels are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rissi! I'm glad you like fairy tales as well! If you know of any good fairy tale books, I would love it if you let me know! Yeah, I totally understand what you mean. I just can't be helped, I am a die-hard fairy tale believer :) Thank for stopping by!

      Delete