Monday, August 19, 2013

The Learning Adventure


Summer has come and gone. 

The days of falling golden leaves, chai tea, and snuggling up in a warm blanket with a good book are just around the corner. However, also around the corner is school, which usually means more homework time and less writing time.

I had high hopes of being able to write this summer. I envisioned my summer days would be filled with writing each and every single hour away with the bright sun streaming in through my window. I even set a deadline for myself. I was supposed to have finished the rough draft of my novel. However, it was not to be so. 

I only wrote a whopping 9 pages.

After beating myself up for not making time to write this summer as I fully intended to do, I realized that even though I had barely written a word, (and my characters were probably wondering if their story was ever going to get an ending) that God must have had other plans for my summer.

Even if I didn't do what I set out to do I still had one splendid and blessed summer. I have spent countless happy days bent over some wonderful and charming books (At least I read 9 books this summer...does that make up for the 9 pages I wrote?). I have laid under the gleaming and twinkling stars almost every night. I have had deep soul baring conversations. I have fallen more in love with God. I have built up friendships that are very dear to me. I have had special people move into my life, and I have had special people move out. I have learned more about life and love and how deeply I believe in what I do. I have learned more about my heart and how much God wants to give me.

But what I have learned most of all, is that things don't always go as planned. I wasn't planning on spending almost every single day in the company of wonderful friends. But I am more than glad I did. I wasn't planning on only writing 9 pages in my novel. But I'm almost glad I did, because absence truly does make the heart grow fonder and I have missed my little novel and I am feeling very inspired to go back to it again. I think it has missed me too.

But what I have also learned is that these memories and lessons I have learned will maybe help my writing one day. I feel certainly inspired by these sweet summer memories and even though there were some bad mixed in with the good, as there usually is in life, it will be a summer I will carry with me and will retreat back to when I need some inspiration.

Hoping your summer was beautiful as well!

And I will try not to go another two months without posting anything.

Enough rambling for now

No comments:

Post a Comment