Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Adventure in Talking to My Favorite Author

Once upon a time I was blissfully browsing through the bookshelves of Borders (RIP Borders) when I stumbled upon a book. Now I know our parents tell us to never judge a book by its cover, but I simply had to this one time. Of course at the time I was a young teenager and the good looking man on the cover, reeled me in, but the author is what made me stay. After I was done praising the cover, I opened the book and within the first paragraph I was hooked and have stayed that way for over five years now. Not just on that one particular book but by everything that one author, Julie Lessman, has written.

Her books have in many ways inspired not only my writing, but my personal life and lives around me. So one day after working up enough courage I decided to e-mail her and tell her just how much her books have blessed me. 

And what do you know, the very next day she e-mailed me back. It's not every day you see an e-mail from one of your favorite authors in your inbox. But I didn't waste any time by trying to take that moment in. I opened that e-mail so fast, lightning would have been jealous.

I don't think I have ever received such a nice e-mail in my life. She was very humble and kind, and without a doubt I know, she is a kindred spirit. I really admire how she takes the time to talk to her readers. One day if I am ever blessed to get published, I hope to be like this favorite author of mine. Ever-thankful and always humble.

If any of you are wondering just who exactly this woman is and what her books are like I suggest you go check out her website. www.julielessman. com

I hope you like her books as much as I do, and if you do, then I am just pre-warning you that you will get no sleep while you are reading her books. These are definitely the kinds of books you stay up until five in the morning to finish.

Enough rambling for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment